Starting date: 01.12.2021
Ending date: 31.07.2022
As a volunteer, the European Solidarity Corps lets you learn through non-formal experiences, improve existing skills or acquire new ones for your personal, educational or professional development.
The volunteering service offers you:
– Free accommodation: a single room in a flat shared with other volunteers.
– Pocket money (€155 per month).
– Money for food expenses (€155 per month).
– Local transport to get to your volunteer activities.
– Arrival and midterm training (midterm evaluation).
– Private medical insurance that will cover all the expenses not covered by the public health system (health, accident and civil liability insurance).
– Your travel expenses from where you live to Murcia at the beginning of the project and from Murcia to your place of residence once the project is finished.
– Visa and residence permit fees (if required).
The volunteer project
Start date: December 1, 2021
End: 31 July 2022
The schedule of volunteer activities will be between 25 and 35 hours per week.
The framework of the volunteering project is characterised on the one hand by our work with European and mobility projects and programmes (ERASMUS+, CES, etc.) and the importance we attach not only to the management of these projects and programmes, but also to reaching as many people as possible, especially young people, because of all the possibilities we believe these programmes offer to young people both in terms of learning and personal and professional development. On the other hand, the project framework is characterised by our focus on the social inclusion of children and young people with fewer opportunities in the region of Murcia through non-formal education activities to promote personal development.
The activities in which the volunteer will participate in our organisation will be the following:
At national level:
– Promotion of European and mobility projects and programmes among young people in the Region of Murcia, as well as among the users of our organisation.
– Support in the dissemination and visibility of European and mobility projects and programmes through social networks, website, etc.
– Support in the information and attention to young users of our organisation about European and mobility programmes (CES, ERASMUS+, EURODISEA, etc.).
– Support in office work (project management, website, social networks, administrative tasks related to the internal work of our organisation, etc.).
– Participation in workshops and presentations of the European Solidarity Corps (ESC) programme in youth organisations, Secondary Schools of the city of Murcia and the University of Murcia.
– Participation in local workshops on: activities with children and young people at risk of social exclusion, workshops on intercultural learning with children and young people, etc.
– Support in the local implementation of European projects within the ERASMUS+ programme.
– Cooperation and logistical support in youth and social inclusion projects promoted by Euroaccion in Murcia.
At international level:
– Support in the dissemination and visibility of European and mobility projects and programmes through Social Networks, website, etc.
– Logistical support in the European trainings given by Euroaccion on the different topics we work with in our European projects.
In terms of learning opportunities, we offer our volunteers:
– Knowledge: getting to know the concept of social exclusion, getting to know new working methodologies in the framework of Non-Formal Education, systematising their learning, reflecting and getting to know new economic, social, political and cultural realities (of Murcia region), and working within an inter/multicultural approach. Learning to develop and integrate their European awareness and values.
– Attitudes: developing their tolerance, empathy, assertiveness and positive attitude towards conflicts. Developing a greater European awareness.
– Competences: management of non-formal education activities, facilitation of workshops, language and communication skills, digital competences and conflict prevention and conflict resolution skills.
Our volunteering project seeks to promote the values promoted by the EU and the ETUC Programme, such as solidarity, equality, justice, respect, fight against exclusion and xenophobia, etc.
The volunteers who participate in our project will live in a flat located in the center of the city of Murcia together with other volunteers who carry out their volunteer project in other organizations in Murcia.
The flat will be rented by the Euroaccion Association, the coordinating organization of this project. Each volunteer will have his/her own room to guarantee privacy and space. The coordinating organization will pay the rent of the apartment and the bills on a monthly basis, to free the volunteers from these tasks.
This project is funded by the European Commission and covers, in addition to accommodation, the costs of food, pocket money and local transport. This money will be managed by the volunteer in a free and independent way.
Euroaccion is an independent, non-governmental organisation that supports youth and adult learning and the professional and personal development of people with fewer opportunities.
Our vision is based on personal change for wider social change.
Our mission is to inspire and stimulate human potential through experiential learning, non-formal education, volunteering and projects related to social inclusion.
Euroaccion coordinates annually around 8-9 European projects since 2000, mainly on youth, education and capacity building on gender related issues, social inclusion of vulnerable groups, emotional intelligence of people with fewer opportunities through humanistic approaches, Non Formal Education and Gestalt psychotherapy methods.
Euroaccion has partners throughout Spain, in more than 20 EU countries, as well as in Asia and South America.
Euroaccion’s main areas of work are:
– Social inclusion;
– Development of new learning methodologies;
– International volunteer programmes;
– Emotional intelligence;
– Management and implementation of European projects.
Euroaccion has a great experience in European Volunteering (EVS, European Solidarity Corps and local Voluntary Activities) as a hosting, sending and coordinating organisation. We receive 2 volunteers every year and coordinate 14 host projects at local level, in different organisations in Murcia working in different areas related to social inclusion, disability work, children, environment, etc. As a sending organisation, every year around 25 young people are sent to carry out their volunteer projects at European level.
At the local level, we collaborate with public entities such as the General Directorate of Youth, the Youth Council, the Regional School of Animation and Leisure and the General Directorate of Social Affairs.
At the local level, we work mainly with primary and secondary schools with pupils, parents and teachers. One of our main services is ICARO, a project on Emotional Intelligence for children and young people between 3 and 18 years old.
The activities developed are inspired by humanistic currents and the principles of Emotional Intelligence. We are all global beings and Euroaccion focuses on the development of all aspects, socially and individually. Through non-formal and experiential learning approaches, the aim is to create a trusting and safe place in and with the group, influencing the interaction of its members and promoting healthy and effective communication systems.
The Euroaccion team also has long-term working experience with migrants from different backgrounds and age groups.
This project is aimed at young people between 18 and 30 years old who have not participated in any European volunteering project (EVS or ESC) before.
Our association will give priority to the selection of young people with fewer opportunities, young people facing geographical obstacles, economic and/or educational difficulties.
The selection of our volunteers will be made on the basis of their attitude and willingness to participate in the project rather than their knowledge and skills.
We will positively evaluate young people who express a genuine motivation for our project, as well as a strong commitment to the values of the project.
We will also value candidates who show a sense of responsibility as EUROACCION works with young people and groups with strong educational and socio-emotional needs.
The volunteer’s ability to adapt to new cultures and traditions will be considered positively, without being a reason for exclusion, as the working environment will be multicultural.
We consider it important that volunteers possess a spirit of initiative, patience and the ability to step back from interpersonal conflicts in order to deal with them more effectively. We will also value their interest in the social focus of our project.
Other aspects that will be taken into account are the maturity of the candidates, the ability to make decisions, the enthusiasm and willingness to participate in the different activities offered, and the level of commitment to the framework of the project.
The selection process is based on the motivations and interests of each interested young person, as well as an open and intercultural attitude and commitment to the objectives of our volunteer project. In any case, we will never consider discriminatory factors such as ethnic origin, sex and gender identity, political beliefs, age, etc.
No young person willing to participate in our project will be excluded for any reason (economic difficulties; social or geographical obstacles; cultural or ideological differences; sexual orientation, age, ethnicity, gender and gender identity, etc.).