Call for ESC volunteer:
Start : 05.01.2022
Deadline to apply 10.11.2021
SERVICE DESCRIPTION / ACTIVITIES:
The activities proposed in the project allows volunteers to participate in more specific sub-activities related to their interests and abilities.
Sub-actions in three areas (entertainment, educational and practical) and strive to realize the main objectives.
• Support for disadvantaged groups / people with disabilities /
• Promotion of activities / ESC /
• To develop areas of information, sensitivity to
the topic and the formation of good practice
• Volunteers to build their autonomy
• To give volunteers a new way of life
• To increase self-esteem, self confidence, and its functions
• Providing opportunities for training and education for young people interested in social sphere.
• Work with project
• Develop communication skills and
• Working with youth
• Learn new language
• To discover new culture and new country
• To have fun and to enjoy the project 🙂
Volunteers will participate in instructive activities, educational services. Their role would be consistent with the opportunities and responsibility. Mission volunteers will always be led by supervisor and rehabilitator. Volunteers will have the opportunity to submit their own country and culture by organizing food, exhibitions, slideshow examples. Volunteers will participate in educational activities educators by helping people with disabilities in the manufacture of pottery, cards, posters and more. Together we will organize their
time to visit the institutions, cafes, public spaces, galleries, theater, movies and more.
Volunteers will support people with disabilities in their daily activities – nutrition, hygiene, dressing, working, walking in the city/park and others. Will participate in festivals and celebrations of the association and the day care center. Volunteers will organize activities
during leisure customers – such as painting, music, hiking, and more. Finally, the volunteers will have the opportunity to develop a personal project related activities and objectives of the day care center and the host organization. Organizing volunteers
missions will be based on 30 hours per week, 5 days, 6 hours per day including language courses and meeting with the mentor. Volunteers will have holiday/vacation two days a month. Volunteers will always have the accompaniment of Bulgarian and monitors will be integrated into work teams.
DEVELOPMENT OF THE FOLLOWING ACTIVITIES:
A) SOCIAL ACTIVITIES: AT THE DAY CENTRE FOR PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES
• Educational activities: individual, active, yet flexible, adapted to the specific needs of youth and to his personal rhythm.
• Socialization, sports and leisure activities.
• Support for the development of autonomy in self.
• Encouraging walking. Implementation of various motor – motor play, didactic games. Training in speech.
• Excursions, visiting agencies and institutions.
• Holidays and carnivals – organization and celebration.
B) EDUCATION: WORKING WITH THE COMMUNITY
• Monitoring and Prevention
• Meetings with students, public / presenta-
tions, discussions, workshops /
• Informal education / rights and obligations of
volunteers, sending and hosting organization
– keeping the ESC Charter /
C) MEDIA AND COMMUNICATION/ YOUTH INFORMATION/ PROJECT MANAGEMENT: AT THE OFFICE
• This activity will enable volunteers to work with projects.
• He/She will help the young people visiting our office to find the information they need, answer their questions and help them to find
information on the Internet.
• Research and spreading of information material, updating the web page and database
(infosheets and leaflets on various topics).
Will work on our newsletter, bolg, web page.
• Contributing to the organisation of small information events in the youth information centre, in schools and in youth center.
• Assistance (to the members of the staff) in preparing and organizing local participation projects and international project with young
people. In this frame the volunteers will be in contact with all the components of youth representatives and structures of the region
and will assist in elaborating the programme, finding partners, sending of invitations, leading a thematical workshop etc.).
• S/he will take part in the team-meetings where the activities are planned and evaluated.
D – PERSONAL PROJECTS
This activity will enable volunteers to develop a personal project. Presentation of the home country in an unconventional way and / or innovative, creative ideas presented and implemented by the volunteer during ESC. Participation in festivals and
traditions, celebrations of the Day Centre and the Association “Focus – European Centre for Development”.
PRACTICAL ARRANGEMENTS FOR THE VOLUNTEERS:
Upon arrival the volunteer organization committed to acquaint him with its rules on accommodation, food, spending, hours, schedule activities, weekends, holidays, duties and responsibilities.
Accommodation and Food:
Volunteers will be accommodated in apartments equipped with bathroom, kitchen, 2 bedrooms. Resources /money/ for food will be provided to volunteers at the beginning of each month.
Volunteers will carry out planned activities for a period of 6 hours per day during 5 days a week.
Determined lunch break of 1 hour and 30 minutes. 2 free days per month /holiday, vacation/
Allowance – pocket money:
Association “Focus – European Center for De-velopment” will provide a monthly allowance corresponding to the subsidy amount which will be paid in installments every month.
It will be no necessary to use public transport. When necessary underlying transport program, it will be the responsibility of the host organization. When the volunteers arrive representative of the organization will meet them at the airport.
Association “Focus – European Center for Development” will provide language training – Bulgarian, during the ESC.
Mentor and Supervisor:
Each volunteer will be able to get help and support from Mentor. Mentor is responsible for providing personal support of volunteers. Psy-
chological and pedagogical assistance and support in case of crisis situations and problems.
Information and guidance to clarify the issues exciting volunteer. Coordinator between volunteers and host organization.
Mentor will meet twice a week with volunteers to share concerns, problems, expectations, results, successes, joys and concerns. Mentor will respond correctly to the needs of volunteers. Volunteers will receive support from Supervisor a former volunteer, realized the ESC. He will support volunteers in the implementation of activities set out on schedule.
THE WORKING METHODS:
Through dialogue, sharing experience, workshops, visits in hosting organizations, games, observation, discussion, presentation, demon-
stration, practical and more, volunteers will increasing their skills and competence of supporting people with disabilities.
All costs are covered according to ESC rules
- Travel costs according to the budget
- Pocket and Food Money
- Visa Support
HOW TO APPLY?
Send your CV and Motivation letter to email@example.com with the title ESC-BULGARIA