Do you like hidden places when stories are comming alive? Do you want to know journeys of books and their readers? Do you want to know people who working there? Do you want to know all the secrets? Come and join our volunteering project.
We are looking for young volunteer (20-30 years old) who:
– is not affraid of communication (or is ready to come out her/his comfort zone and communicate)
– is creative (or want to try some creative things)
– like working with people
– have passion for books (stories, films, games)
– is open to try new things
We offer varied activities connected with:
– librarian work (lending/returning books, talking with readers, helping readers to find concrete book, work with librarian system and catalogue, sorting documents, working with databases or shared catalogues)
– children (English lectures, table games, different kinds of workshops and activities)
– students (lectures for secondary schools about your home country, your culture, etc. in English or other languages)
– presenting your home country and its culture to public
– Open English Club (non-formal meetings with people of different age from different backgrounds who meet once a week in library and talk together in English and play some games)
Who we are?
The North Bohemian Research Library in Usti nad Labem is a public library with its activities covering the whole Ustecky Region. Its founder is the public body of the Ustecky Region. The main goal of the institution is to enable its users access to information. In this regard the library provides related services consisting mainly of loans accompanied by other expert processes like for example acquisition, cataloguing and documents preservation. Apart from that there are important educational and cultural tasks and in this field many activities and projects are organized – e.g. lectures and workshops for children, pupils and students, presentations of various topic, seminars for librarians.
We cooperate with Czech and foreign volunteers since 2012. Our projects are mainly focused on culture topics, communication, media and children. They include various activities and give also a space to volunteer to try something he/she wants to try.
More information you can find on https://www.svkul.cz/o-knihovne/projekty/evropske-projekty/european-voluntary-service-evs/. You can find there also short reports from our previous projects.
We will give you monthly pocket money, pay you your accommodation (room at dormitories of local university), give you monthly food allowance.
We will show you all places of the library if you are interested in them.
We will take you as our colleague and involve you to our off the job activities.
We find you a mentor (friend for free time) who will help you to get familiar with the city.
We will give you place and time to put some of your ideas to reality.
We will appreciate your point of view to our work and your feedback.
We promise that you will learn a lot and have a fun.
Project will start in September 2019 and end in June 2020.
Send your CV and motivation and some information about you (involved your education, working or volunteering experience (if you have any), your hobbies or things you would like to try and date of birth) to get to know you better up to 11th January 2019 to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with the title EVS-USTI
If you have any questions, do not be afraid to ask us +37499337873
Our previous volunteers from USTI