PROJECT NAME: Let’s speak the same language
DATES: 10/01/2023 – 18/01/2023
LOCATION: Hondarribia, Basque Country, Spain
APPLICATION LINK: https://b24-zh51xm.bitrix24.site/crm_form_abhjy/
APPLICATION DEADLINE: October 1
“Let’s speak the same language!” is a Youth Exchange to address cultural diversity and minorities. This will last 8 days; and will be held from January 10 to 18th, 2023 in the city of Hondarribia (Basque Country, Spain). Through this project, participants will have the opportunity to discuss, reflect and raise awareness about cultural diversity and will also have the opportunity to develop their creativity. In this way, the participants will feel empowered, with initiative and with the opportunity to create and participate in society. During the week, we will work with a non–formal methodology, with dynamics, debates, working in small groups, creative presentations, theatre and expression exercises and artistic creations.
Our objectives of this reflective and creative project are:
– Raise awareness about the problem of racism and xenophobia and develop critical thinking.
– Promote equality and cultural diversity.
– Know and make visible minorities: ethnic minorities and minority languages.
– Analyse different means and tools for awareness campaigns.
– Sensitize citizens about cultural diversity.
– Develop different skills and abilities such as: creativity, initiative, autonomy, communication and social skills.
– Empower to be active participants in citizenship and agents of social change.
– Exchange experiences among young participants.
In summary, we will work with the participants to reflect on cultural diversity, ethnic minorities and minority languages. Participants may develop different skills and competencies while acquiring new knowledge. They will be able to develop skills such as initiative, creativity, artistic expression, teamwork, the ability to energize, practice This project has been funded with support from the European Commission. This pack reflects the views only of the author, and the European Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained therein. languages, reflection and critical thinking and certain skills such as digital, entrepreneurial, cultural and civic expression.
– Each organization will bring 8 participants + 2 leaders.
– All the participants must be between 18–25 years old. No top age limit for the leaders.
– The language used will be English.
– Subsistence, accommodation and other expenses related to the participation in the exchange are 100% covered by the EC grant.
IMPORTANT! We will reimburse the amount according to the Distance Calculator of the European Commission – subject to submission of travel forms and original travel documents, including boarding passes, receipts and ALL return documents. No photos or electronic versions of travel documents will be accepted.
TRAVEL EXPENSES PER PARTICIPANT will be reimbursed up to 530 EUR.