Would you like to volunteer in Poland?
Start: September-October 2020(Subject to change due to Covid19 situation)
Would you like to get to know a different country, culture and customs? Do you want to work with kids, youth or elderly? Do you want to help to organize cultural events, concerts or exhibition? Are you interested in how NGO’s and schools operate in different countries?
What are you waiting for?! Join us!! Do your EVS in POLAND!!Loading…
Go on the adventure of a lifetime, learn new things, develop your passions, language skills, make new friend, explore Europe and help the others!!! These are just some of the benefits that YOU can get from participating with the ESC under Erasmus + Programme.
The Volunteer will be working at Szkoła Podstawowa nr 7
Szkoła Podstawowa nr 7 is located in Kłodzko the Lower Silesia region. The school is combined with different levels of education i.e. primary school and middle high school. Szkoła Podstawowa nr 7 is a public local school, controlled and paid by the state. The students at the school are between 7-16 years old. The number of pupils attending the school is about 300. There are also 40 teachers and 16 administrative workers employed in the school.
The main goals of the school are:
- to make it possible for children to gain knowledge and skills which are necessary for graduation from primary school and middle high school;
- to provide the pupils with pedagogical care according to the needs and possibilities of the school;
- to ensure the protection and safety of our students.
At the school pupils study foreign languages such as English and German. There are a lot of activities connected with the development of language acquisition. The language teachers organise a lot of competitions connected with knowledge about European Union. In additional, our kids go to the swimming pool, go skiing in winter on a regular basis with the physical education teachers. There is also a range of sports activities. The aim of this is to develop pupils’ skills in athletics, aerobics, basketball and handball. Moreover, there are many extracurricular activities and classes which students can join.
The following are examples of typical activities for the volunteers:
- Assisting the English or German teachers during lessons, for example helping with pronunciation, conversations and preparing some materials;
- Working with the young children as well as with teenagers and organising games and activities for them during and after classes;
- Running after school clubs such as art club, drama club or sports club;
- Participating in intercultural camps, organized workshops for the students from our school on various subjects (EU, stereotypes, the volunteer’s country etc.);
- Making country presentations to pupils from different schools in the area (including the schools that other volunteers work in)
- Giving conversation classes to local youths and adults;
- Helping to organise school discos (elements of decoration, dance and music from volunteers’ countries);
- Co-operation with the student government (according to the schedule that will be prepared at the beginning of the school year);
- Taking part in national holidays (November 11th, May 3rd);
- Helping to organise the European Festival;
- Attending and helping to organise school ceremonies like Patrons’ Days, Kosciuszko Run, ceremonial ending of class 3 of middle school and class 6 of primary school,” Otrzesiny” (middle school warming); the first Day of Spring and Talent Show;
- Writing their work in a school newspaper or on a school website;
- Joining day trips or going to the cinema with pupils;
- Helping to prepare and working in a jury of the Contest of English Language for Primary Schools and Middle Schools of Klodzko Province;
- Taking part in charity actions (Great Orchestra of Christmas Charity, Penny Mountain, Clean up the World);
- Helping in organising of students’ exchange with a school in Bensheim, Germany;
- Taking part in art and sports classes (sculpture, working with clay, tennis, swimming, basketball, mediaeval dancing;
- Taking part in Adventure Academy meetings;
- Taking part and organisation of the (not)Foreign Language Day (tongue twisters, sketches, songs, multimedia presentations);
- Time for volunteers’ own work in a school library (teachers give topics for volunteers to prepare).
How to Apply?
Send your CV and Motivation Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title ESC_Klodzko