An international training course for youth workers and teachers on how to develop digital and media-related competencies to support and increase the capacity of their organizations and youth work.
Dates: 20. – 27. November 2022(including travel days)
Location: Kysak, Slovakia
Participating countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bulgaria, Estonia, Georgia, Greece, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Portugal, Spain, Turkey, Ukraine, Austria, Slovakia
The Slovak Civil Society Organisation EduEra is happy to invite you to apply for participation in our upcoming international training course DIGIBOX (edition 2020) – an international training course for youth workers and teachers on how to develop digital and media-related competences to support and increase the capacity of their organizations and youth work
AIM AND PROGRAMME ELEMENTS
- to discuss the current use of digital tools by organizations and analyze their potential to grow
- to analyze lessons learnt from how youth work transformed during the pandemic, especially in terms of online and hybrid formats of work and support
- to critically look at the threats and opportunities of online media as a discussion forum
- raising awareness of how digital tools and new media can enhance youth work and help to create greater impact of present day youth activities
- to develop competences of participants to become effective and versatile users of available digital tools
- to create space for effective transfer of know-how in regards to media literacy and digitalization across Europe
- to exchange tools, methods, and ideas in the use of modern technologies across youth organizations in Europe
- to foster European cooperation in the youth field and support the development of new innovative solutions for new generations of digitalized youth organizations
- to produce a user-friendly collection of digital tools and promote it amongst youth organizations across Europe
PROFILE OF PARTICIPANTS
There will be 36 participants from 17 countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bulgaria, Estonia, Georgia, Greece, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Portugal, Spain, Turkey, Ukraine,
Austria and Slovakia. We are targeting people who work with young people and those in the management, leaders, and project coordinators. These could be youth workers, teachers, trainers, educators, managers, project coordinators, leaders, coaches, social workers, counselors, or community workers, the main criteria being that the participant is actively involved in youth work in an educational role or manage/coordinate the activities focusing on youth. Participants should be fluent in English and be willing and committed to working hard during the training course (approx. 9 hours per day, but of course we will also have social and cultural activities). The training course will be based on participatory and non-formal education methods, so participants should be open to active involvement and group work. Participants should furthermore commit to carrying out small preparatory tasks and be willing to follow up on the training course via active youth work, ideally cooperating with their sending/partner organization. We would like to highlight that the training course will encourage the inclusion of youth workers and youth leaders from rural/remote areas.
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
The training course willstart on November 20th with a dinner at 6 PM, and end with breakfast on November 27th. Thanks to funding provided by the Erasmus+ program through the Slovak National Agency NIVAM, all costs for food, accommodation, local transport, and course materials are covered during this period. You are free to arrive in Slovakia 2 days earlier or stay 2 days longer. The costs of your potential stay in Slovakia outside of the period November 20th afternoon to November 27th in the morning have to be borne by yourself and are not covered by the organizers. Following the rules of Erasmus+,your international travel costs are covered up to the following total amounts(if you prove that your travel falls into the corresponding distance band). Costs exceeding the indicated amounts have to be borne by yourself. Here is an overview of travel grant per distance band.
CountryMaximum travel grant: Armenia 360 €
Application Link: https://b24-zh51xm.bitrix24.site/crm_form_9gnar/
Application deadline: ASAP