Venue: Ceska Trebova
Start Date: January 2021
Duration 1 year
Proposed activities for EVS volunteers:
We would like to provide a chance for young people from various countries to learn about our country, culture and our organisation, and to help volunteers to form their own private opinion. When young people arrive to a foreign country, they experience situations which are different in different countries. Due to the understanding of one culture a space for understanding and tolerace towards the other culture opens. In our organization volunteer participates in activities in the course of which he (she) meets other people and realises what effect work with children and youth in leisure time has on him(her). The volunteer learns how to organise games and activities, summer and winter camps, competitions and exhibitions. Volunteer’s ideas and activities are a contribution to our community. They enable children, youth and also adults to meet different cultures and opinions.
Our organisation offers to volunteer possibilities to work with small children and their parents, possibilities to teach the parents his(her) mother tongue, assist the leaders of the workshops, assist in sports and cultural activities including theatre performances for children. All these activities are to prove and to show that cooperation and mutual understanding is possible between representatives of different nationalities and religions.
It is important for our volunteers to see, to experience the life in Czech Republic, something they can’t manage to do being just tourists: the history habits, tarditions, behaviour, some inner sides of family life, find new friends, and just the way of life here.
We have very nice flat with two rooms and kitchen and toalet with bathroom together. This flat is near our organization max. 15 minutes by walk.
Our organisation will provide money to volunteers to buy their own food. During activities such as summer camps or weekend activities they will eat in a camp canteen. Money to buy food will receive a volunteer once a month
Our organisation will prepare a Czech language course for the volunteers led by laguange teacher with long time experiences. The language course will be an indvidual form. In the first month, intensively once a week and in the next month, once every 14 days and later, the course will be divided into 26 hours of lessons
After our experience we divide pocket money for one month. When is necessary is possible to give also extraordinary paid-on with compensation later.
The typical activities of our volunteers are: preparing material (cutting, painting, copying) and activities for workshops, helping to organise exhibitions, language courses, activities for small children. Volunteers participate in courses of House of Children according to their interest. They usually assist to the leaders of the workshops, but they can also organise their own activities or workshops.They participate in help with preparation of irregular activities and summer camps. After one half of their stay they can prepare a presentation with discussion for inhabitants about differences between their our and their country cultures and habits.
An individual course of Czech language is held for the volunteers to help them with better comunication with local community. If the volunteer is interested in other forms of education, it is possible to manage it.
During a school year, volunteers participate in regular leisure time activities. The activities take place in the afternoon, mainly from 2.00 till 6.00 pm.
Examples of activities, that can be choosen (it’s up to the volunteer):
– youth club for free time–There are activities for youth children for every week day. There are possible spend time together and play games. There are available X- box, table football, billiards and special notebook for games.
– Music club – children learn to play musical instrument. According to the volunteer’s wish and abilities he can participate in these courses, to help with the work on an orchestral composition and preparation of children for concerts and performances.
– Sports games – activities of these clubs are swiming, skiing, skating, ball games, running, survival activities… The volunteer can prepare an amusing programme for each meeting.
– School for very small children.
– Pottery workshop – to work with clay, to model, to glaze and then to bake in a ceramic furnace. Volunteer may propose objects which he/she will do with children and youth.
– Sikulka– in this workshop the leader develops the children’s sense of art and supports their creativity.
– Exercises for small children.
– Dancing workshop – preparation of dancing performance and preparation of an amusing programme for each meeting
– Activities for leasure time at The basic practical school (cultural and sports activities)
– Activities with old people at The red cross (workshops, clothing centre)
– Activities with disabled people at The center for disabled (workshops, helping)
Irregular leisure time activities run during the entire year. For example: weekend trips, competitions, exhibitions, weekend activities, summer and winter camps… Below there are some examples of what the volunteer can do at these irregular events.
Carnival for children and youth – production of tickets, production of costumes, preparation of
competitions, aids and participation in the carnival dressed as a character from a fairy tale.
Weekend trips – reservation of transport, accommodation, meal, preparation and leadership of moving activities during the stay.
During summer holidays, our organization’s operations are limited. Regular activities are not. The volunteer will take part in summer camps and activities with it. The volunteer will also visit our partner organizations that are unlimited in the holidays.
How to APPLY?
Send your CV and Motivation Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title ESC-CESKA-TREBOVA.
Please note applications without photo and wrong title won’t be considered