Looking for 1 ESC volunteer for an approved project in Bulgaria.
The project Start Date: 01.10.2020
ACTIVITIES FOR THE VOLUNTEERS
A) SOCIAL ACTIVITIES: AT THE DAY CENTRE FOR PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES
• Educational activities: individual, active, yet flexible, adapted to the specific needs of youth and to his personal rhythm.
• Socialization, sports and leisure activities.
• Support for the development of autonomy in self.
• Encouraging walking. Implementation of various motor – motor play, didactic games.Training in speech.
• Excursions, visiting agencies and institutions.
• Holidays and carnivals – organization and
B) EDUCATION: WORKING WITH THE COMMUNITY
• Monitoring and Prevention
• Meetings with students, public / presentations, discussions, workshops /
• Informal education / rights and obligations of volunteers, sending and hosting organization- keeping the EVS Charter /
C) MEDIA AND COMMUNICATION/ YOUTH INFORMATION/ PROJECT MANAGEMENT: AT THE OFFICE
• This activity will enable volunteers to work with projects.
• He/She will help the young people visiting our office to find the information they need, answer their questions and help them to find information on the Internet.
• Research and spreading of information material, updating the web page and database (infosheets and leaflets on various topics). Will work on our newsletter, bolg, web page.
• Contributing to the organisation of small information events in the youth information centre, in schools and in youth center.
• Assistance (to the members of the staff) in preparing and organising local participation projects and international project with young people. In this frame the volunteers will be in contact with all the components of youth
representatives and structures of the region and will assist in elaborating the programme, finding partners, sending of invitations, leading a thematical workshop etc.).
• S/he will take part in the team-meetings where the activities are planned and evaluated.
D – PERSONAL PROJECTS
This activity will enable volunteers to develop a personal project. Presentation of the home country in an unconventional way and / or innovative, creative ideas presented and implemented by the volunteer during EVS. Participation in festivals and traditions, celebrations of the Day Centre and the Association “Focus – European Centre for Development”.
PRACTICAL ARRANGEMENTS FOR THE VOLUNTEERS
Upon arrival the volunteer organization committed to acquaint him with its rules on accommodation, food, spending, hours, schedule activities,
weekends, holidays, duties and responsibilities.
Accommodation and Food:
Volunteers will be accommodated in apartments equipped with bathroom, kitchen, 2 bedrooms. Resources /money/ for food will be provided to volunteers at the beginning of each month.
Volunteers will carry out planned activities for a period of 6 hours per day during 5 days a week. Determined lunch break of 1 hour and 30 minutes. 2 free days per month /holiday, vacation/
Allowance – pocket money:
Association “Focus – European Center for Development” will provide a monthly allowance corresponding to the subsidy amount which will be paid in installments every month.
Travel cost will be reimbursed up to 275EUR
Visa cost will also be reimbursed
It will be no necessary to use public transport. When necessary underlying transport program, it will be the responsibility of the host organization. When the volunteers arrive representative of the organization will meet them at the airport.
Association “Focus – European Center for Development” will provide language training – Bulgarian, during the EVS.
Mentor and Supervisor:
Each volunteer will be able to get help and support from Mentor. Mentor is responsible for providing personal support of volunteers. Psychological and pedagogical assistance and support in case of crisis situations and problems. Information and guidance to clarify the issues exciting volunteer. Coordinator between volunteers
and host organization. Mentor will meet twice a week with volunteers to share concerns, problems, expectations, results, successes, joys and concerns. Mentor will respond correctly to the needs of volunteers.
Volunteers will receive support from Supervisor – a former volunteer, realized the EVS in Slovakia. It will support volunteers in the implementation of
activities set out on schedule.
THE WORKING METHODS:
Through dialogue, sharing experience, workshops, visits in hosting organizations, games,
observation, discussion, presentation, demonstration, practical and more, volunteers will increasing their skills and competence of supporting people with disabilities.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your CV and Motivation Letter to email@example.com with the title EVS-Pazardjik.
PLEASE NOTE. CV’s without title and photos won’t be considered. DO NOT send your motivation letter as an introduction letter.
Try to be creative , it’ll be appreciated 😉
More details about the project HERE